Oticon- App’s & AccessoriesFebruary 3, 2021
The truth about hearing aid services…February 17, 2021
STARKEY APP’s & ACCESSORIES
Audiology is one field that has experienced exponential growth in the past two decades, especially when considering hearing aid technology. This is wonderful for the consumer, since improved technology means improved listening experiences, hearing and quality of life! It also implies though that one needs to keep up with technology, in particular, the audiologist that typically works with 3 or more hearing aid brands, each with its own tricks and trades of how to use your instruments with accessories, how to pair it with a phone, what to do and what not to do.
Just to keep it interesting, every single phone on the market has a software update from time to time – which can cause some temporary pairing issue with your hearing aids and other accessories.
It is inevitable that you might experience some connectivity issues at some point in the lifetime of your hearing instruments and its accessories.
You should find the answers to your problems in this post, if not – you are very welcome to contact us – we are happy to assist!
How to use Starkey hearing aids & accessories
Starkey currently offers the Starkey Thrive App the Remote Microphone + , Remote Control and the TV connector.
Watch this video to learn more about all the accessories available in the Starkey range:
The Remote Microphone + firstly acts as a Bluetooth transmitter for phone calls and other audio input between hearing aids and phones that are not directly compatible with hearing aids. Secondly, it can be used as a remote microphone system, where the microphone, for instance, collects the sound of a person speaking, and streams this sound directly into the hearing aids of the hearing aid wearer.
The TV Adapter acts as a Bluetooth transmitter for the audio signal from your television and streams the sound from the TV as source, directly to your hearing instruments
The Remote is in essence a remote control that can adjust volume as well as memories / programs.
This post covers the following topics in the form of instructional video’s and written instructions:
- How to pair your Starkey hearing aids with your android phone
- How to pair your Starkey hearing aids with your iPhone
How to pair your Starkey hearing aids with your android phone:
How to pair your Starkey hearing aids with your iPhone:
Some important general information to take note of when attempting to pair and connect your hearing instruments to your smartphone is the following (in the case that you experience problems):
- Always restart your hearing instruments directly before attempting to pair them with the smartphone (they will be in ‘discovery mode’ for some time after restarting).
- Apple / iOs / iPhone: Pair hearing instruments in the settings of your phone first. Go to Settings (general) > Accessibility > Hearing, and select Hearing Devices. Both instruments should be discovered in this screen, if not – attempt to find them again.
- Android: Pair hearing instruments in the Bluetooth screen – be sure to pair both.
- If your hearing aids are not detected as a pair or not at all even after restarting the devices attempt the following:
- Clear the Bluetooth cache:
- Go to Settings on your Android device.
- Select Application Manager.
- Click the 3 dots in the top right corner and select All System Apps.
- Scroll and tap on the Bluetooth app.
- Stop your device’s Bluetooth app by tapping Force Stop.
- Next tap Clear Cache.
- Go to your iPhone “Settings” app.
- Select Bluetooth.
- If doppel appears, click the ” i ” toggle and “forget this device” to clear Bluetooth cache.
- Restart your phone after clearing the Bluetooth cache and start the pairing process again.
How to pair Starkey hearing aids with the Starkey TV Streamer
Please let us know if we have left out any tutorial video or instructions that you might have needed! Comment below!
Do you use any other hearing aid brand and need assistance? Choose your brand here: