Unitron- App’s & AccessoriesFebruary 3, 2021
Starkey – App’s & AccessoriesFebruary 3, 2021
OTICON APP’s & ACCESSORIES
Audiology is one field that has experienced exponential growth in the past two decades, especially when considering hearing aid technology. This is wonderful for the consumer, since improved technology means improved listening experiences, hearing and quality of life! It also implies though that one needs to keep up with technology, in particular the audiologist that typically works with 3 or more hearing aid brands, each with its own tricks and trades of how to use your instruments with accessories, how to pair it with a phone, what to do and what not to.
Just to keep it interesting, add to that every single phone on the market has a software update from time to time – which can cause some temporary pairing issue with your hearing aids and other accessories.
It is inevitable that you might experience some connectivity issues at some point in the lifetime of your hearing instruments and its accessories.
You should find the answers to your problems in this post, if not – you are very welcome to contact us – we are happy to assist!
How to use Oticon hearing aids & accessories
Oticon currently offers the Oticon ON App the Connectclip , Remote Control 3.0 and the TV Adapter 3.0.
Previously in the earlier generation connectivity, Oticon used the Streamer and Streamer Pro, with a phone adapter 1.0 and 2.0 as well as the TV adapter 1.0 an 2.0. Instructions for use of these devices are not included in this post, as the range has been discontinued. If you do however use these devices and need assistance with them – you are very welcome to let us know!
The Oticon ON App offers remote control functionality between the phone and the hearing aids.
The Connectclip Microphone firstly acts as Bluetooth transmitter for phone calls and other audio input between hearing aids and phones that is not directly compatible with hearing aids. Secondly, it can be used as a remote microphone system, where the microphone for instance collects the sound of a person speaking, and streams this sound directly into the hearing aids of the hearing aid wearer.
The TV Adapter acts as Bluetooth transmitter for the audio signal from your television and streams the sound from the TV as source, directly to your hearing instruments
This post covers the following topics the in form of instructional video’s:
- How to pair your Oticon hearing aids with an iPhone
- How to pair your Oticon hearing aids with an android phone
- How to pair Oticon Hearing Aids and Oticon Connectclip
- How to pair Oticon Hearing Aids with the Oticon Remote Control
- How to pair Oticon hearing aids and the TV Adapter 3.0
How to pair your Oticon hearing aids with an iPhone:
How to pair your Oticon hearing aids with an android phone:
Some important general information to take note of when attempting to pair and connect your hearing instruments to your smartphone is the following (in the case that you experience problems):
- Always restart your hearing instruments directly before attempting to pair them with the smartphone (they will be in ‘discovery mode’ for some time after restarting.
- Apple / iOs / iPhone: Pair hearing instruments in the settings of your phone first. Go to Settings (general) > Accessibility > Hearing, and select Hearing Devices. Both instruments should be discovered in this screen, if not – attempt to find them again.
- Android: Pair hearing instruments in the Bluetooth screen – be sure to pair both.
- If your hearing aids are not detected as a pair or not at all even after restarting the devices attempt the following:
- Clear the Bluetooth cache:
- Go to the Settings on your Android device.
- Select Application Manager.
- Click the 3 dots in the top right corner and select All System Apps.
- Scroll and tap on the Bluetooth app.
- Stop your device’s Bluetooth app by tapping Force Stop.
- Next tap Clear Cache.
- Go to your iPhone “Settings” app.
- Select Bluetooth.
- If doppel appears, click the ” i ” toggle and “forget this device” to clear Bluetooth cache.
- Restart your phone after clearing the Bluetooth cache and start the pairing process again.
How to pair Oticon Hearing Aids and Oticon Connectclip:
How to pair Oticon Hearing Aids with the Oticon Remote Control:
How to pair Oticon hearing aids and the TV Adapter 3.0:
Please let us know if we have left out any tutorial video or instructions that you might have needed! Comment below!
Do you use any other hearing aid brand and need assistance? Choose your brand here: